Taming the Queen of Beasts
Elreth is a Princess in the world of Anima—where humans can shift into the form of their animal ancestors. As the Lion King's daughter, Elreth breaks a thousand-year tradition when she challenges her father for dominance—and wins. But as the first known dominant Alpha Female, she faces a lonely, and dangerous Rule.
Aaryn, Elreth’s best friend, has always secretly loved her beauty, and her strength. But as a member of the wolf-tribe, and unable to shape-shift, he is not viewed as the right Mate for Anima's first Dominant Queen.
When events force Aaryn to admit his feelings, for the first time, Elreth's eyes are opened to Aaryn not just as a friend, but as a male--and her True Mate. But Aaryn also has secrets. Secrets spanning decades, that open Elreth's eyes to the threats against her people, and threaten to tear down the royal family, and the Anima as a whole.
Can love really conquer all? Can Elreth convince a prejudiced people to accept Aaryn as her mate before these secrets threaten not just her rule, but her life?
NOTE: This book is a spin-off in the KING OF BEASTS series, not a sequel. It can be read as a stand-alone story and does not contain significant spoilers.
[Mature Content: No sexual violence]
Then, as he stared at her, his scent changed. Which only confused her more, until something flashed behind his eyes. Something she’d only ever seen in her father’s face when he was staring at her mother.
Desperation. Joy. Hunger.
But that was crazy, why would—?
And suddenly, like a cub tumbling down a grassy hill to land on its feet, everything fell into place.
Her mouth dropped open. She blinked. And blinked again. And for the first time in a very long time, she looked at him.
Not at her confidante.
Not at her closest ally.
Not at the friend who’d been present for every major milestone in her life.
She looked at Aaryn. The male. The wolf.
She stared at his silver-white hair, that scattered over his ice-blue eyes, fixed on her, and created a barrier between them. She looked at the strength in his jaw, shadowed because of the late hour. She let her gaze drift down the cords of his neck, and his broad shoulders and the wide, smooth expanse of his chest that rose and fell rapidly. And she let herself remember the ladders of muscle that painted his torso—hidden by the white shirt he wore. She swallowed. She’d seen every inch of him at some point.
Her mouth went dry.
- Chapter 1 - What The Ever-Loving Hell?
- Chapter 2 - Do It
- Chapter 3 - Heart In His Throat
- Chapter 4 - Taking The Crown
- Chapter 5 - King No More
- Chapter 6 - Above It All
- Chapter 7 - Impossible Queen
- Chapter 8 - Goodbye To The King
- Chapter 9 - Male To Male
- Chapter 10 - That's Your Job
- Chapter 11 - The Mating Cave - Part 1
- Chapter 12 - The Mating Cave - Part 2
- Chapter 13 - The Mating Cave - Part 3
- Chapter 14 - Loyal
- Chapter 15 - New Eyes
- Chapter 16 - The Scent Of You
- Chapter 17 - It's A Date
- Chapter 18 - Time To Grow Up
- Chapter 19 - Unmated
- Chapter 20 - Dargyn
- Chapter 21 - Wise Women
- Chapter 22 - If The Tree Is Rockin'...
- Chapter 23 - ...Don't Bother Knockin'
- Chapter 24 - Joke's On You, Dad
- Chapter 25 - Staying For Breakfast
- Chapter 26 - Surprise
- Chapter 27 - The Queen Calling - Part 1
- Chapter 28 - The Queen Calling - Part 2
- Chapter 29 - Calling The Cohorts
- Chapter 30 - Foolish Queen
- Chapter 31 - A Lioness Scorned
- Chapter 32 - Dominate
- Chapter 33 - Under The Weeping Tree - Part 1
- Chapter 34 - Under The Weeping Tree - Part 2
- Chapter 35 - Under The Weeping Tree - Part 3
- Chapter 36 - Under The Weeping Tree - Part 4
- Chapter 37 - Midnight In The Meadow
- Chapter 38 - A Father's Love - Part 1
- Chapter 39 - A Father's Love - Part 2
- Chapter 40 - A Bird In The Hand
- Chapter 41 - Oh, Brother - Part 1
- Chapter 42 - Oh, Brother - Part 2
- Chapter 43 - Oh, Brother - Part 3
- Chapter 44 - On The Outside
- Chapter 45 - The Council
- Chapter 46 - Bitterness Between Brothers
- Chapter 47 - Blood & Bone
- Chapter 48 - The Prohibition
- Chapter 49 - Sniffing Around
- Chapter 50 - Wars & Rumors Of Wars