Loving the Forbidden Prince
Can a royal Romeo and Juliet find their happy ending?
Ayleth, Princess of Zenithra, is secretly trained in hand-to-hand combat, and collects swear words she doesn't know how to use. During the Festival of Peace, in which every royal son on the continent will be at the castle for a month, she is instructed by her parents to find a husband. Yet, Ayleth has never even been kissed—until the very first ball, when she meets the man in the Lion mask.
Etan is a seasoned warrior, and the Prince of Summitras. He attends the Festival hoping to find a powerful wife who will help him conquer the dark sorcery of their bloodsworn enemies, the Kingdom of Zenithra. But at the very first ball, he discovers the masked woman who captures his heart is the Heir to the evil empire.
Ayleth and Etan face an impossible battle. Will their love survive? Or will their parents' dark dealings keep them apart forever?
[Mature content. No sexual violence.]
“You…” She stepped back. Then back again, her mouth dropped open. “You… You cannot be…”
“I am,” Etan said, and his hair raked back as he pushed his mask off his handsome face. So handsome her heart raced.
His hair was ebony black, his skin a warm brown that threatened to fade in in the winter months. He stared at her with glittering green eyes, over high cheekbones and a noble nose, his jaw tight and shadowed this late in the day. His chin was high over the pillar of his neck that she’d just touched with its hard lines and steel strength, so different to her own. And his chest... She gasped and covered her eyes. She’d humiliated herself revealing her stupid, childish curiosity.
“No, Ayleth. This changes nothing.”
“How can you say that? It changes everything!” She was horrified to realize she was crying.
“Ayleth, please.” His voice cracked on the plea and she stared at him, shoving her mask up and off, despite how it would pull her hair out of the beautiful twist the maid had managed for her.
His eyes locked on hers and she couldn’t think. She couldn’t breathe.
She had met her One. And he was the son of her bloodsworn enemy.
She stared at him as he stepped forward again, offering both hands, palm up. “Touch me,” he whispered. “Hold my hands. This is real, Ayleth. I don’t know how it happened, but this is real. Please don’t deny it.”
She couldn’t resist. She raised a trembling hand to his cheek, letting her palm catch on the scruff of his jaw. He blew out a breath and put his hand over hers, and that jolt that happened whenever they touched shivered through her again.
“I cannot deny it,” she whispered.
- Chapter 1 - The Festival Of Peace
- Chapter 2 - The Heir Apparent
- Chapter 3 - Lord Nobody
- Chapter 4 - The Lion Lord
- Chapter 5 - From The Heart - Part 1
- Chapter 6 - From The Heart - Part 2
- Chapter 7 - Shaking Hands, Certain Discovery
- Chapter 8 - Wretched Curse
- Chapter 9 - The Vow
- Chapter 10 - A Delicate Dance
- Chapter 11 - Nothing To See Here
- Chapter 12 - Sleepless Night
- Chapter 13 - Restless - Part 1
- Chapter 14 - Restless - Part 2
- Chapter 15 - Stableboy
- Chapter 16 - Found
- Chapter 17 - Destiny
- Chapter 18 - Willing Hearts
- Chapter 19 - Morning Always Comes
- Chapter 20 - Capable
- Chapter 21 - Step Carefully
- Chapter 22 - Plots & Plans
- Chapter 23 - Unholy Fire
- Chapter 24 - Fire Magic
- Chapter 25 - Training & Teases
- Chapter 26 - Feel The Burn
- Chapter 27 - Cotton Mouth
- Chapter 28 - The Good Fight
- Chapter 29 - To The Death
- Chapter 30 - Fair Or Foul
- Chapter 31 - Know Your Place
- Chapter 32 - Challenger
- Chapter 33 - Combat
- Chapter 34 - The Honor Of The King
- Chapter 35 - Courage Of A Woman
- Chapter 36 - Fear & Faith
- Chapter 37 - Magnificent
- Chapter 38 - Fighting Fires
- Chapter 39 - Wisdom Vs. Wild
- Chapter 40 - Finding A Way
- Chapter 41 - A Whole New World
- Chapter 42 - In This Together
- Chapter 43 - Your Turn
- Chapter 44 - Risk, Always Risk
- Chapter 45 - Discovered
- Chapter 46 - The Knight Defenseless
- Chapter 47 - Never Again
- Chapter 48 - Treason?
- Chapter 49 - Friends?
- Chapter 50 - The Silent Fight