Falling in Love with the King of Beasts
Falling in Love with the King of Beasts
Elia is a poor university student until the night she's taken to the world of the Anima—ruled by humans whose ancient hearts pulse with the blood of animals. There she's forced into a battle to the death. But when Elia survives, and refuses to kill her final opponent, the King must either kill Elia himself, or take her as his mate.
Reth, the brutal King of the Beasts with the blood of lions, shocks everyone when he chooses the weak, human Elia to become his Queen. He promises her every comfort of his wealth and position—but he is clear: She will not warm his bed. He chose her to defeat those that were trying to corner him into blending his Leonine line with the Wolves.
Elia needs the help of the Anima to become stronger and rule them well. But the vengeful Wolves see only a weak human that brought them shame. As Elia and Reth grow closer, the wolves are determined to destroy her. Will Reth and Elia admit their feelings for each in time to fight for the Kingdom—and their lives—against the villainous wolf-tribe? Or will the wolves kill Elia and steal the throne?
[Mature content - no sexual violence]
He stalked towards her, chin low so the shadow cast by his hard jaw cut across the thick fur collar of his vest. His hair had fallen over his eyes in the scuffle, so he peered at her through it like a lion in the grass. With each step, his graceful, rolling gait reminded her of a predator stalking its prey. Despite the forest floor littered in twigs and leaves, he didn’t make a sound.
“Wh-who are you?” Elia stammered, backing away, her hands up. He met her step for step until she came up hard against the tree behind her—and didn’t stop until he loomed over her, so broad his shoulders and chest made a wall in front of her. She could feel the heat rising off his skin in the cool, night air.
“I am the Leonine King.” His voice was a dark, husky gravel. Behind him a chorus of wheezes, howls, and chirps of agreement rose from the people watching. “And you are?”
“Elia,” she breathed.
“Elia,” he growled, leaning in closer, bringing with him the scent of pine and rain and the musk of something distinctly male. “I am Reth.” He said the name with a strange, guttural roll in his throat. “I am King of Beasts. I am Clan Leader, and I am Alpha of WildWood.” Several snarls rose from the crowds behind him then, but he ignored them.
Elia swallowed as he leaned in until the scruff on his jaw rasped her cheek. “I am the King,” he said, “And you will be my mate.”
The forest behind him erupted.
- Chapter 1 - The Nightmare
- Chapter 2 - The Rite
- Chapter 3 - Fight To The Death
- Chapter 4 - Wolf Brothers Or Foes?
- Chapter 5 - A Time To Kill
- Chapter 6 - The King Of Beasts
- Chapter 7 - Challenges
- Chapter 8 - Not Strong Enough
- Chapter 9 - Who Questions The King?
- Chapter 10 - Until Dawn
- Chapter 11 - Know You By Your Scent
- Chapter 12 - The World Keeps Turning
- Chapter 13 - The Caves
- Chapter 14 - Welcome Home
- Chapter 15 - Different World, Different Life
- Chapter 16 - Hard Truth
- Chapter 17 - Show Yourself
- Chapter 18 - I Choose You
- Chapter 19 - The Dance
- Chapter 20 - Follow Your Instincts
- Chapter 21 - Meat Market
- Chapter 22 - Mate
- Chapter 23 - Awakening
- Chapter 24 - What It Means To Be King
- Chapter 25 - Hold On
- Chapter 26 - Why Me?
- Chapter 27 - Not The Wedding Night Of Choice
- Chapter 28 - Crossed Wires
- Chapter 29 - Pants On Fire
- Chapter 30 - Those Damned Wolves
- Chapter 31 - The Council
- Chapter 32 - Rumors
- Chapter 33 - Whispers And Eyes
- Chapter 34 - Becoming A Woman
- Chapter 35 - One Hard Day
- Chapter 36 - A Hard Night - Part 1
- Chapter 37 - A Hard Night - Part 2
- Chapter 38 - A Hard Night - Part 3
- Chapter 39 - Our History - Part 1
- Chapter 40 - Our History - Part 2
- Chapter 41 - Our History - Part 3
- Chapter 42 - Kissing The King
- Chapter 43 - What He Was Looking For
- Chapter 44 - It Takes A King
- Chapter 45 - Losing Control
- Chapter 46 - Lonely Girl
- Chapter 47 - The Silent One
- Chapter 48 - Culture Shock
- Chapter 49 - King Vs. King
- Chapter 50 - The Tribes Of Anima